Thursday, September 2, 2010

Playing Catch Up!



Hello!  Sorry I have been missing in action.  I started flaring up over the weekend and decided to come home on Sunday night.  I got in about 10:30pm.  I have been resting, unpacking, and trying to get things caught up around here, which still hasn't happened!  The cats are thrilled that I am home and they keep following me around.  Especially Molly, she wants all the lov'in that she can get!
On Tuesday, I had lunch with Jeannette, Fran, and my mom.  We ate outside during the rain in Jeannette's screen porch.  This is the second time we ate out there this summer and I really like it.  Maybe some day, I will have a screen porch.  That would be fun.  You all can come visit me and we will sit, drink, yack, and eat chocolate all day long...lol  I made a quick stop to Practical Cents after we finished lunch.  I did not want them to think I had died..hee hee.  Sarah told me on the phone last night that my friends and family didn't think I was going to come back.  That I was just going to stay there.  The thought did cross my mind.  At Practical Cents, I found a few fabric napkins.  I have decided to switch to them.  I plan on making a bunch of them but until I get that done, I have a few to get me started. 
Wednesday, I worked a lot on the library scrapbook.  That is going to be my focus this month.  I want to get as much as I can done before the meeting at the end of the month.
But, I have been itching to make a card since I have been home.  I missed Zach's birthday while I was gone so I just finished wrapping his present and made him this birthday card with the new level 2 hostess set Long Fellows.  I just love it.  It is so stink'in cute!  And the saying on this stamp was so appropriate as the card is late, and they have a pet turtle that Sarah has had for years.  His name is Mr. Mean Green.  I think Sarah has had him for about 8 years now.  Cute little thing.  I also used the stamp set Itty Bitty Bits to make the faux buttons for this card.  I stamped the image, punched it out with the matching punch, then punched out 5 more circles out of card stock and glued them all together for each button.  It really adds some dimension to the card.  A fun masculine card.  I hope you like it!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment