Friday, September 17, 2010

Daily Planner gets a Makeover by Little Miss Night Owl

Artsy Fartsy Angle of Front Cover
Inside Cover of Planner

Front Cover


Good Evening, or should I say Good Middle of the Night.  I just finished recovering my beautiful daily planner that I bought in Milwaukee that had the ugly cover on it.  I have never seen such a thing where the company uses the back and front cover to advertise their product and you are suppose to look at that for the next year and a half while you are using the planner!  I was so disgusted about it that I almost did not buy the planner.  But I love how it is set up on the inside, so I bought it, knowing that I could doll it up.  I do love my planner and use it every day,  I write all sorts of stuff in it, and it sure beats having tons of pieces of paper lying around!   I can just grab it and go and have all my important information in there. I used all Stampin' UP! from the Play Date Line on this project.  I love this line.  The colors are beautiful in it and mix and match so well.  It is easy to throw a project together.  No guess work because it all matches.  The only things I added were a couple of buttons, and I took a sponge dauber to the words, task, idea, and notes to give them some definition and soften them up a bit.  I will explain more why I design the cover the way I did and why it appeals to the eye, at our next class.  I bought the Play Date items online in the digital format, and printed them off at home.  You do not have to own my digital studio to use our digital line.  They keep adding more and more things for sale in digital.  Digital scrap booking is a big thing!  If I decided that I needed another element or another sheet of paper while working on this project, I just hopped on over to the computer and printed it out.  How cool is that!  Wait till you see this in real life, you won't believe it that this not "real" pattern paper.  I printed it off on Whisper White Card Stock.  Our Whisper White works so well for printing off digital images, papers, and brushes.  And it runs through the printer with easy, no chance of jamming it up.  So if you love this and want to make a project with it, go to http://love2stampsewmuch.stampinup.net and push shop now and it will take you to the ordering section.  You can look at the digital images there or order them right out of the catalog  like you normally do and they will ship them directly to your home. When you order them digitally, once you have completed your order and paid, you can down load them immediately.  The nice thing about digital is that you can resize them to any size you want, and you can print them to your hearts content (the prices on digital are WAY cheaper too, less than half most of the time and you will never "run out" of them.  But if you aren't brave enough to try that yet, let me tell you where they are in the catalog.  Page 176, Play Date Quick Elements, 117172 $8.95; Play Date Designer Series Paper 117168 $9.95; Play Date rub-ons  118760 $7.95.  I am sure you are going to be seeing a lot more of this line in future projects.  I am thinking of all kinds of ideas.  Would you be interested in doing a notebook project?  This would make a cute one.  I think I will make one up for Diana.  She turns 13 tomorrow.  She will officially be a "teenager"!  And if I can find some RSVP pens, I will make her a bunch to match her notebook.  Hmm..maybe that will be tomorrow's project.  Nighty-Nite!  Elaine        











No comments:

Post a Comment