Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baby Cakes is coming to da!

Jenna called me today at the flea market, and they are coming to town on Tuesday!  I am so excited.  I can't wait to see them, and little Mason.  It has been a long 3 weeks!  When she was saying goodbye on the phone, she said to me, make sure your camera is fully charged Grandma!  And she laughed.  As she knows it will be.  Mason will have another "photo" shoot with Grammy.  I sure hope he remembers me.  Any whoo...on my "to do list" was to make these "Pee Pee Tee Pee's or Wee Wee Wigwams" for Mason.  So I popped out a batch of them tonight.  They are quick and easy to make and I plan on making some of them to sell.  I am not sure how many she wants so maybe a few of these will be for sale.  When she knew she was having a boy, I had told her that I had found this pattern for them (a couple of times).  She wouldn't really say anything, and frankly, I think she thought it was a kooky idea, until she had her baby boy and got squirted on, and squirted on.  LOL  She has been using wash clothes to put over him while changing him, and now thinks they are a GREAT idea.  So I have to chuckle about that one.
Yesterday, was a busy one, and the day was not at all how I had planned.  I had emailed Kate at the Craft Mall in the Dells to see if there were any available spaces on Thursday.  I wasn't sure if she would remember me, I rented down there years ago when I had the store.  Any how she emailed me back late Friday morning and said of course she remembered me, and to give her a call.  So I did this around noon, and we talked about what kind of stuff I was currently making, she looked at pictures of my booth at the flea market, and she told me she had a small space available and could give me a bigger one when something opened up.  She bumped me up on the list because I had rented there before.  She told me that she would really like some stuff in the space because it was their big weekend in the Dells.  I told her that I had a doctor's appointment in Mauston and would see what I could do.  So I quick hopped in the shower, grabbed a small table from here, a little red ladder that Sarah had given me for Mother's Day that I thought would look cute with towels displayed on them, made a quick stop at the flea market and tried to quick pick a variety of stuff.  I would have taken more but needed to leave for my appointment at 2 so headed out with what I had.  I went to my doctor's appointment and got down to the Dells around 4.  All my stuff had to be coded so I sat in the van with the window open and I would write down the items and code them, then take them into the mall to my space.  I did this over and over again till I got done around 7:45.  I signed the paper work, looked around a little bit till they closed at 8.  So it is set up.  I still need to put more stuff in as I have wall space left, but at least it is not empty and hopefully I will sell some stuff this weekend.  I will go down sometime next week and fill it up.  I knew it would be too busy down there this weekend to even try to do it.  It is fun to be back in there again.  I enjoyed it when I rented there before.  If you get a chance, stop in there and check it out.  Just ask the gals at the desk and they can show you where it is located.  As you walk in the front door and towards the checkout, it is the last aisle before the desk.  It is very close to the desk.
I hope you all are having a great weekend.  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment