Friday, January 30, 2009

Tammy Renner's Stamping Party




Good Morning! As you can see, I am trying to get caught up on some of my posting before the month ends. Monday night I had a stamping party at Tammy Renner's house. We had a great turn out with 13 people attending! Tammy served us a fabulous meal and had the basement all set up so nice and cozy for us. Man...if I had a basement like that, we would be having stamp camp's here. But fortunately we are so blessed to be able to use the church.

I like to give my hostesses a little thank you gift from me on top of the hostess benefits they receive for having the party. When Tammy was unwrapping her hostess gift, I was telling the story behind it and she quick ripped it open, squealed, and ran and gave me a hug! Which gave me a BIG smile. It is nice when you actually tickle someone with the right gift! Now I am sure you are dying in suspense to know what it was! Tammy had been at the house one day and she spotted a pile of magazines/book's called CARDS Magazine. I just love that publication but it is too rich for my budget. Each book cost $20.00 and it is a monthly publication! Sooooo.....I put a post out on some stamping boards to see if anyone had any back issues that they wanted to sell. I had a number of people contact me and the people that were willing to sell them for $5.00 or less, I purchased them from. Any how....Tammy was paging through a couple and ooohhing and aahhing. So I found one for her later on and gave it to her at the party and she was thrilled! Later after everyone left and we were going over her hostess benefits, she said I am not sure what I am happiest about most, the benefits or the book! One little book or a couple hundred dollars worth of free stuff....what a choice....that is too funny! It just proves the point that gifts don't have to be expensive to make a person happy, just from the heart. Any hooo.....Tammy is getting the Big Shot for free!! YIPPEE!
The purse card we made with the big shot. The purse was made with two cordinating paper's and that you run through the Big Shot Machine with the Top Note Die. Then you cut each piece to 2 ", leaving you enough pieces to make a second card at the same time. The the flower's and leaves were cut with the Bird's and Bloom's die also ran through the Big Shot. I love how the flower's are all sized so that you can stack them on top of one another. What a cute embellishment for a card, scrapbook page or altered object! Think of all the color combinations you could make! "Thank you" is stamped from the set Short and Sweet. It is a little hard to see in the photo but the Riding Hood Red Card Stock that the purse is mounted on is stamped with Bella Toile. Isn't it stinkin' cute! I just love that card! And the other card is made with the Bella Blooms stamp set and Bella Rose papers which is a cute different way to use these punches and a very fast card to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment