Thursday, January 8, 2009

Northwoods Towel


I have been trying to remember to post every day but today I remembered after midnight so I am missing a day. I took generic Tylenol Pm and should be fast asleep in my warm bed as I took it 3 hours ago but sometimes it doesn't work and tonight is one of those times! I went to Practical Cents today to look for a couple of things that the girls have me scouting for but didn't find what they were looking for. But I did pick up some fabric, some neat little clippy things that attach to a table and you can put a knotted grocery bag into and presto...you have a bag for scraps! I attached one to a white folding table that I have my sewing machine on much to Taffy's delight! She was driving me nuts for about 5 minutes or so as she was using my leg as a tree and was playing with the sewing machine cord and the plastic bag. Finally I got sick of it as her claws were hurting my leg so I went to the kitchen to get the dreaded spray bottle! She of course didn't try that again so I kind of wasted a trip but she also knew the spray bottle was there so she didn't want to get sprayed so perhaps it wasn't a wasted trip after all. She sat up on the table with me for a bit and watched me sew then took off for a nap. I was working on a baby quilt today. I did a snowball pattern with Dora fabric that I got from Minerva (aka Melissa). Thankyou Minerva! I did cut and complete the top today and was pretty happy about that as I felt like I had a productive day but you will have to wait till it is finished to see that. But...I do have something for you to see. I stitched four of these Northwood towels this week. I think they turned out pretty cute. I did forget to tell you that I found a Beanie Baby pole at the thrift shop that I will be able to display stuffed animals on at the flea market so was pretty happy about that! I also made a trip to the library to pick up some books and music that I ordered. All the libarians know me by name as I am a frequent visitor! I never look around in the library, I order everything from home on the computer and check the new "Don't miss list" each month. It is such a wonderful service and saves me alot of money. Every now and then I find a book that I have to have and usually order it from the used book section on Amazon. I have had amazingly good luck with that and the books I have purchased have always been in NEW condition. If you haven't ordered from the library or from Amazon...check it out! You will love it! Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment