Saturday, July 9, 2011

Reconnecting with old friends

First of all...would somebody please turn off the humidity.  Enough is enough...lol.  So tired of being soaking wet.  I am ready for fall!

Today was a special day.  A gal I went to high school with came and saw me at the flea market.  She drove up here from the Dells, Joy Labrenz.  We reconnected on face book this winter.  I had not seen her since our graduation night, 32 years ago!!!.  It was so nice to see her!  She would like for me to come down to the Dells and do something with her like go to WaZaWha Days.  So we will have to get together.

After I got home from the flea market, Heidi (Homp) Ides came over for a visit with her two children.  Heidi baby sat for Jenna and Sarah when I was selling for Thrivent.  She lives in Chicago but also has a place up here.  The girls and I keep in touch with her on face book.  She had seen a link I sent to Jenna about an Elmo Cricut Cartridge, as Mason loves Elmo, and Jenna is planning an Elmo party for him for his first birthday party.  Heidi said that she had two Sesame Street ones that I could borrow, so she dropped them off today, and we had a nice long visit.  Her kids are so cute, and her little girl acts so much like her sister Jenny when she was little.  So today was a nice day for reconnecting with old friends.  Like we used to sing in Girl Scouts: Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold!

Recipe:  Stampin' UP! Stamp Sets: Awash with Flowers, Because I Care, Pumpkin Pie Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.  First white panel 3 1/2" x 5", Basic Black panel 3 5/8" x 5 1/8".

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Hugs!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment