Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New rubbah....Vintage Vogue

 This is the best time of the year for trading as a lot of demonstrator's dump their retired stamp sets to make room (and to make cash) for new one's.  I don't get rid of many of my retired sets as I make cards to sell.  I was fortunate to make a trade for this retired set last week called Vintage Vogue.  I love the shabby chic look of this stamp set.

I started out by stamping the flowers in Riding Hood Red and Tempting Turquoise ink, and cutting them out.  They have a brad holding them together in the center.  Then I stamped the F and cut those out, stamped "friends" with a Tempting Turquoise marker on 2" white circles, that are matted with 2 1/4" circles.  Then I stamped the flourish with "stamped off" Tempting Turquoise Ink.  I headed over to the computer and printed out a sheet of Tempting Turquoise small polka dot paper.  I just love being able to do that, to have all the colors of dsp at my finger tips.  Now you are probably thinking that it costs a lot to do this.  Not really.  I have a HP printer with separate colors so you just replace which color runs out.  I buy all my ink at inkgrabbers.com.  It is very inexpensive, they run coupons, and specials each month, and I have not found anyone that can beat their price on ink.  Check it out.  You may also want to check out the DSP that is available at the Stampin' UP!  website.  I believe there is 43 or 45 different colors in the small polka dot pack for $4.95.  And their is no shipping charge, and you can immediately download it on to your computer after you purchase it.  You will need to select a demonstrator, I would suggest Elaine M. Wilson....lol.  You can always change it later on if I am no longer a demonstrator.  I also purchased the stripes, and the script as these are basic prints that I know I will use over and over again.  Another tip I have for you is to print it on SU Whisper White card stock.  I have tried to print it on Georgia Pacific's before and it turned out ok, but not the true color, which you want it to be if you are matching something else on your project.  You can use what ever program on your computer that you normally do printing with, just go in under Properties and make sure Best quality printing is on, and that you choose a paper size of 8 1/2" x 11" borderless printing.  That should be all the changes you will need to make in there.  I also used the Perfect Petals Embossing folder to emboss the back ground of the card.  That is another thing that could lead to a problem.  Sometimes the embossing folders "shrink" the card front after you have embossed them.  This makes the card front shorter than the back of the card or kind of wonky.  To fix this, just put your folded card into your paper cutter, I use my guillotine, and cut it just a little bit on each end, for a perfect card!

For those of you who do not like to make cards, I have 6 of these of available and the price is $2.50 each.  Inside the saying says: Good friends are like stars... you don't always see them, but you KNOW they're always there.  Have a wonderful day!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment