Friday, July 15, 2011

Here comes the weekend...and the heat wave!

Hello!  It is gloomy and it is trying to rain here in Mayberry.  I made 6 of these cards today before Di and I decided to head up to the Rapids this afternoon.  We had received the Lighthouse flyer last week and there were some stamps on the flyer that were calling Di's name!  We had Chinese first at Hong Kong buffet, then headed over to Walmart.  I picked up a few groceries while Di was picking out a carpet cleaner.  After that we headed over to the Lighthouse Books and stamp store, and we each picked up some new things.  Maybe if I am ambitious, I will ink some of them up later.  I got an adorable button jar rubber stamp, a rubber stamp of a sick mouse that is wrapped up in a quilt with a cup of soup in front of him and a tissue box beside him, and a little monkey stamp set.  They are all adorable.  They have some really cute stuff.

Speaking of cute....Mason has really been melting this Grammies heart.  The last few days when I talk to him on the phone, he immediately recognizes my voice, and his voice changes.  As soon as he hears my voice, his voice changes into this happy sing songy babble.  It is just adorable, and I absolutely love it.  I usually have tears running down my face while I am talking to him, he sounds so happy to hear my voice! 

Have a great weekend and stop down and see me at the flea market if you have a chance!  Hugs!  Elaine

Recipe:
Stamp Sets:  SU:  The Open Sea and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  SU:  Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy, Real Red, Very Vanilla.
Ink:  SU:  Early Expresso, Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Marina Mist.
Ribbon:  SU:  1 1/4" Riding Hood Red
Punches: SU:  1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle, and Word Window.

No comments:

Post a Comment