Saturday, July 23, 2011

Papertrey Ink Challenge #8

One more card for the Papertrey Ink Challenge #8.  This girlie is beat so this is the last one I am doing.  Time to get the jammies on....that is for sure!
I had my jar all cut, stamped, and colored, so that is what I started out with.  I had made a bunch of jars up one day when Lady Di and I were stamping at her house.  I was sure glad to just grab one and start working!  This challenge was to cut off your card stock an inch or two so that part of the back of the card shows and you can put pattern paper, a strip of glitter, what ever, along the edge.  I have made a lot of cards like this, in fact, the anniversary card for my mom and dad that I showed on a previous post, uses the same technique.  And I have taught it to my stamping groups in the past.  Any who...I decided to scallop the edge and then pierce it, and add pattern paper to the inside edge of the card.  The grass was made with a Martha Stewart punch, and I free hand cut the sun and did some faux stitching with a marker.  The verses are from PTI Garden of Life and the Jar is from PTI Friendship Jar.  The flower/fence inside the jar is from Friendship Jar Spring Fillers. 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment