Friday, July 22, 2011

Crock pot Barbecue Chicken

Hello!  I am back home from a busy week in Milwaukee!  Little Mason is growing up so fast.  He is loosing the baby look a little bit and is beginning to look more like a toddler!  He is into EVERYTHING, so you have to watch him constantly.  He is crawling all over the place, and walks around furniture.  He just turned 11 months and I am sure he will be walking before his first birthday.  He kept Grammie, (and everyone else!) very busy!  Jenna also had me working on other projects.  I worked on designing pages for Mason's scrapbook, made him a birthday banner, four birthday cards that she needed for birthday parties they are attending, and I have 25 of these Elmo tags in process.  My Cricut got a real work out!  These will be attached to treat bags for the kids attending the party.

I also watched Mason one afternoon so Jenna and Diana could go shopping for some birthday gifts, another evening so they could go to the library, stayed up with Mason one whole night as he was running a temp and teething, so he slept in my arms on the couch (Grammie slept some too!), and then watched him last night so Antonio and Jenna could have a date night.  Plus lots of watching in between so Jenna could get a nap or get some cleaning done.  So to say the least, it was a busy week!

Here is a recipe I saw on Money Saving Mom's blog, and I made it tonight and it was very good.  I couldn't find my red pepper flakes so I omitted that.  If I make it again, I will make the whole bag of chicken breasts from Aldi's which has 12 in it as there is a lot of sauce with this recipe and I think it would work fine with 12 breasts.  The Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce at Aldi's has 50% more free in it.  I am not sure if this is the correct amount of sauce to use, but that is what I used and it tasted delicious.  I also think this recipe would be good to make pulled chicken sandwiches with.  Just shred the chicken up and mix it into the sauce.  If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think of it.  A good thing to make in this heat!!!

Crock pot Barbecue Chicken

4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (i threw them in frozen... even easier!)
1 bottle BBQ sauce (sweet baby ray's all the way!)
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder
Mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed under it. Place chicken in crockpot. Pour sauce over it and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment