Wednesday, November 3, 2010

From this....to that!



Hello-  This morning I worked on another class that I will be having on Sat. Dec. 4th.  I am going to teach how to turn a Stampin' UP! file folder into a portfolio for a junior legal pad.  It is really cute.  I will be showing an example of it, and the Box class that I will be teaching on Monday, the 22nd, at Monday nights stamping party.  Both will make great gifts for your year round and holiday gift giving.
This afternoon, I went to the Rapids with Lady Di.  Bernie had his haircut.  He get's his haircut more than I do....lol....but that is okay with me as it gives us an excuse to go bumming!  I saw that the flavor of the day was Snicker doodles (?) at Culver's so our first stop was a trip through the drive through.  It was yummy.  A very nice treat!  I looked in the Bethesda thrift store while Di was as Bath and Body works and I found a few treasures, 10 yards of cheese cloth for $2.49 that I plan on using for decorating Mummy candy bars next year for Halloween, a package of non skid material for twenty nine cents that you use on the bottom of children's pajamas.  Any guesses as to who will probably be getting some homemade pj's from Grammy in the future!?!?  And yes, Corinne, little Mason does have me wrapped around his little finger!  Hook, line, and sinker!  And I found a bag at the thrift store with a package of vellum baby boy items (how perfect is that!) and two sheets of dimensionals for $1.49.  Gotta love it!  Also a package of tiny notecards with old Santa's on them, probably from the fifties or sixties that I fell in love with, for 29 cents, and I plan on revamping them into something else. We also made a stop at Cotton Thimble (the fabric store) as Di was looking for a special ruler for a friend of her's which they didn't have, but Di found a kit that she decided that she needed to make a quilt.  Di ran into Staples, then it was time to pick Bernie back up.  We decided to eat at Arby's for supper and then headed back home.  A very nice enjoyable afternoon!

Last time I was at Jenna's she sent this little outfit of Mason's home with me.  She had bought it for him and he only got to wear it a couple of times as the pants were too short.  She said she would never buy a one piece outfit like that for him again.  I had the same problem with her as a baby, and toddler.  She was really long waisted and could never wear those type outfits.  So she asked me if I could make it into a shirt for him so he could wear it a little longer.  I just finished revamping it.  So here it is, the "before", and the "after"!  Gotta love that little raccoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment