Friday, November 19, 2010

Baby shower gift/tag

Hello-  When I was uploading photo's yesterday, I found this post that I had uploaded the pictures for, but never wrote the post for it.  For those of you who read the blog all the time, you probably remember seeing pictures of the baby quilt I made for Jenna's baby shower.  Well, I also went to the one that Edith had for Jenna in Milwaukee and I wanted to bring a little gift for that one too so I made up a basket of stuff for her.  This is the little tag that I attached to the basket.  It is attached to the brown lamp in Mason's room and looks so cute.   Tonight, Diane, Joanne and I went to the Quilt Corner in Sparta for a Kansas Trouble Tea and trunk show.  Kansas Trouble is a line of fabric that is made my Moda.  Moda has beautiful fabrics, I just love them.  A lot of the quilts that they showed us tonight were made with this line of fabric.  They had all the tables in their backroom set up with table clothes, nice dishes, and we had our choice of beverage and dessert.  The dessert was fabulous and was a recipe from the Kansas Trouble newsletter we received in our bag with our packet of charm squares, and free patterns.  The presentation of quilts was a lot of fun to watch, and to see the books and patterns that are for sale actually made up into quilts.  We all found some treasures to bring home.  New patterns and fabrics always inspire you and the desire to sew, sew, sew,....is there just like when you get new stamping supplies!  We all really enjoyed the tea, and I hope to make the one in the spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment