Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christ is Born

Recipe:  Stamp Set: Christ is Born.  Vintage Wall Paper Embossing Folder, Top Note Die, Card Stock: Night of Navy (and Ink) Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Today was a busy, fun day!  I spent the day with Sarah in Reedsburg, at her home.  It was a busy crafting day.  Hmmm...where to even begin.  We started out cutting out suede flowers that we made into magnets, as she wants to give some of these as gifts.  We made a whole pizza pan full!  She needs to glue the buttons and magnets on them yet.  Then we decorated 9 International coffee tins to put them in.  Thanks Mom for continuing to save the tins!  They turned out adorable.  Then I cut out 16 white pieces with the Top note die and Sarah stamped them with Night of Navy snowflakes and is going to use them as tags on her packages.  I also die cut 24 large snowflakes for her that she plans on hanging from the ceiling in her home.  Both my girls are going to have a winter wonderland this year!  We took a break in the afternoon and went to two thrift shops, stopped and had ice cream and then got back to work.  We went to church at 5, and when we got back home Zach was home from hunting and we had supper that Sarah had going all day in the slow cooker.  She had bought some premade boxes on clearance and I showed her how to make belly bands for them, and she punched snowflakes out with my punch and decorated them.  Simply adorable.  The pile of tins and boxes all looked so festive together.  I was going to take a picture of them before I left but was so tired that I forgot!  Sorry!  I also die cut 15 pairs of mittens that we are making into dangling ornaments for her goodies bags.  I started tying bows for them and gluing buttons on them, but Sarah will have to finish them.  The dog and cat were quite fascinated with my supplies, and bags.  Whiskey, the cat, kept sniffing the rolling tote bag.  I am sure he could smell my cats.  Hunter, the dog, was thrilled with the treats I gave him, and he immediately ate a purple mitten that I had die cut when it fell on the floor.  Sarah and Zach thought that was quite funny, as I never gave it a second thought when it fell, as I thought it would still be there when I wanted to pick it up.  My cats do not eat the paper that falls on the floor!  I think I remembered everything that we worked on.  LOL  Any who...it was a very fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment