Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!

In about 9 hours we will be leaving for the hospital.  We have to be there at 6 am tomorrow.  Jenna is planning on getting up at 4:30.  I told her that I wanted to take a shower too and she told me I could get up before that.  With my new hair cut, it takes me a little over 20 minutes to shower, get dressed, and get hair and makeup done, I love it!  I told her I didn't want to be up for 2 hours waiting for everyone so she said I could take one after her.  Antonio is not a morning person (like me) and he probably won't get up till after 5 I am sure, especially since he is still at work and the restaurant is still crazy, as he just called Jenna.  We are all very excited.  When we dropped Diana off late this afternoon at her mom's, I said to her, next time we see you, you will have a little brother.  She can't wait.
Diana and I worked on the baby's room last night and we put up 2 walls of wall paper border.  Neither one of us had done it before, and they left us unsupervised to do what we wanted.  Much to my surprised we did a pretty good job.  It was prepasted and we dipped it in the bathtub to get it wet.  The directions said we were suppose to have some sort of brush to smooth it out with which we didn't have, and to have a sponge to wipe off excess paste.  So Diana just smoothed it out with a sponge as we were going along.  Our favorite part of the job was putting up the animal decals and making little scenes with them.  We loved that.  And we asked Jenna if she would get more of them, and she agreed to.  So we did the little wall by the changing table and the large wall that you see when you walk into the room.  Before I come home, I will take some pictures.  We will have to work on the other walls another day.  An hour or so after we quit last night, Antonio came into the living room, just a giggling, with his hand over his mouth.  You would have to know him to know how animated he is, he is just contagious.  Everyone loves him.  Anyways, he was giggling away, and said those monkeys are just so cute hanging there.  We didn't know he had been in the room so he took us by surprise.  Jen likes it too but right now she is pretty quiet and doesn't feel much like talking.
Today, I sewed a nursing cover for Jenna and it turned out nice.  It has boning in the front so that it curves outward and you can tilt your head down to see the baby, but you are entirely covered up.  I made it out of a pretty turquoise color with some swirls on it that Jenna picked out.  I will probably make a couple more before I leave but I decided that she should try this one out first and see if she wants any changes made to it.  One thing I am going to change on the next one is that one of the straps for around your neck is way too long.  It doesn't really hurt anything, but it is kind of a waste of fabric, and unnecessary to have something that long hanging down your back.  I also pieced together a birthday bag tonight that I am going to do the embroidery work on while sitting at the hospital tomorrow, that is if I am not sleeping in a chair.  Ha ha.  Many times when Melissa had early doctor's appointments in Madison, I would fall asleep in the waiting room.  I would catch a nice little cat nap and then be good for the rest of the day.  Right now I am waiting for a load of laundry to get done that Jenna started.  She asked me to put them in the dryer when they get done.  Hopefully that won't be that much longer.  I swear that washing machine takes an hour to wash a load of clothes and I am not exgerating!  It does get them really clean though.  Jenna said that they have Wi fi at the hospital so she is bring the laptop along, much to my happiness.  That will make the time go faster for sure.  And I will be able to shoot a blog post and email when baby cakes decides to enter the world.  I sure know that his mother will be happy to have it all over with.  I'd better try and get a little sleep before we leave!  Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers!  Hugs!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment