Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My little witch doctor.....

The water in the bathroom is hooked up again.  They got the drain in and will be back on Thursday to do the tub faucets.  Meanwhile, Jenna and Antonio got back from the doctor's office and grocery shopping.  To back up a bit, yesterday one of Jenna's friends sent her some recipes that she received at a birthing class that are suppose to induce labor.  One of them is an Eggplant Parmesan dish.  Jenna talked to her doctor about this and her doctor told her that when she was pregnant she had ate this, finished up the left overs the next day and went into labor.  Also that Cranky Al from Cranky Al's bakery claims that women go into labor after eating his Crawlers (some sort of donut).  I guess that quite a few of her patients have ate them and went into labor with in 24 to 48 hours, she did not know if they really worked or not but that is what some of them had told her.  Other doctor news is that she is back to being dilated a 1 for real, the baby is in the negative one position (crowning is a 5), the baby is in normal weight range, 7 to 8 1/2 pounds, there is some protein now in her urine that hasn't been there before but her doctor doesn't seem to be concerned about it, and if she doesn't go into labor naturally, she will be induced on Wednesday the 18th at 6:30 in the morning.  In the mean time....my little witch doctor had headed straight for the bakery but it had already closed for the day, so I have been informed that we are going there for breakfast tomorrow.  She is in the kitchen brewing up the Eggplant dish and is also going to bake the Spicy Ginger cookies that are suppose to help too.  I was out there helping until there wasn't anything more for me to do.  The eggplant is layered on paper towels and I put a cutting board on top of it per Jenna's request so that it gets the excess moisture out.  She was putting fresh rosemary and basil in the pot of sauce and adding "extra" for good measure.  She said she felt like she was a little witch, brewing up a magic potion.  I said I was just thinking the same thing!  I told her that when he comes out looking like a Hot Tamali....that I was going to take a picture and tell him that his mother did this to him.  LOL  Keep your finger's crossed (and prayers up) that this works.  She wants to have him naturally and not be induced.  I like the idea of knowing "when" we will go, but I was induced with her and it was terrible so I really don't want her to have to go through that.
Until more happens on As the World,  I mean Baby turns.......!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment