Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back from Mad Town!

I just got back from a little trip to Jenna's house. I had set up at the flea market in the morning and we got rained out around noon. :-( Jenna called around 3:30 and wanted to know if I wanted to come down to visit as she had 4 days off in a row which is very unusual. So I quick packed up and in about a half hour later I was on my way to Madison. After I got there we went to the grocery store and picked up some food. I had some beer bread left from the flea market as I was giving out samples of it and we made Spinach Herb dip (another Tastefully Simple product) and enjoyed munching on that before we had pizza. It is oh so yummy! On Sunday we went to West Towne Mall and looked at a cool kitchen store. We had lunch at the food court then went to a class at the Apple store about the new operating system that Apple came out with called Leopard. It was an interesting class. This is the second class we have taken there. We like to take classes there when I visit. The classes are FREE! How can you beat that! The hard part is to walk out the store without buying an Apple product. They have some AWESOME stuff! We had decided that we wanted to see a movie and we had a little time in between so we looked around at Best Buy. The third place we went and didn't spend any money! Boy ...we were on Best Behavior! We went to see the movie Sex and the City which was real good. I had watched the TV show and really enjoyed that so it was fun to see the movie, and it was also a tear jerker. Loving someone can be so hard which made me sad. On Monday we hung around her apartment during the day as she had things to get done. Her apartment is so nice. She has a nice little studio apartment which is only a few years old and everything is so nice and new in it. I would love living in it but would need another huge studio (or 2....tee hee) for all my stamping and quilting stuff! LOL We ran some errands in the evening and then went to the Good Will Store where we both ended up with a shopping cart full of stuff! One of the things Jenna bought was a Disney trivia game and we played that after we got home and watched some funny movies and had a good time. I finally BEGGED to go to bed at 1 am. as I was so tired. I am not used to staying up to midnight every night like we do when I stay there! I headed home on Tuesday afternoon and stopped in Portage at the Walmart on the way home. I applied for a grant from Thrivent which was approved and I decided to do some of the shopping there. I came out of the store the first time with 2 rotary cutters, and 2 cutting blades and a shopping cart full of flat sheets (51!!!!) that will be used for quilt backs. I got the manager to give us a discount so that helped. So now the first half of the grant has been spent. Then I went back in and did my grocery shopping and hauled out another cart full of groceries. Between having my flea market stuff in the van, stuff Jenna sent back with me to sell at the flea market, the stuff I bought at Good Will, my clothes and pillows, Community Quilting's stuff, AND my groceries...my van was really loaded down! But you have to make the most of your trips with these gas prices! My plan is to not go out of town until I go to the doctor next month. I hadn't been out of town since May 1st and was going through withdrawal.....LOL I truly love Mayberry but I am happiest when I go out of town about once per week, two at the longest. The good part is that I have been getting alot of quilting and stamping done!

No comments:

Post a Comment