Friday, August 19, 2011

Mason turned one yesterday!

Mason had his first birthday yesterday!  I was talking to Jenna last night and she said that they would say to Mason yesterday, "So how's the Happy Birthday Boy?" and he would say happy!  It was the first that he has said that word.  Too cute!

The past few days have been very busy for me.  On Wednesday, Diane and I headed down to see Doris Kolberg who moved to Milton, WI.  She has a beautiful apartment that is huge!  And she is only 5 or 6 miles from Janesville where there is tons of shopping, there is a quilt shop in Milton, and Milton is a beautiful nice little town.  I am quite jealous!  LOL  It was good to see Doris and her new place.  We all worked on sewing projects and visited, then went into Janesville to have Chinese food, and we shopped at JoAnn's.  A great day!

I had another great day with Carol Camp on Thursday.  She is on vacation and we made a trip to Plover and Stevens Point.  We did some shopping and had lunch at Apple Bee's, and caught up on each others lives.  We have been friends now for over 25 years, so we have a lot of history together, and I feel like her kids are my kids as I babysat for them, plus we have spent so much time together over the years.

I slept a couple of hours after getting home.  I was tuckered out, and ran into another old friend in the grocery store at 9 o'clock at night after I got up, Colleen Thurs.  We had a nice little visit and I got my ingrediants for the Chinese Crunch salad I am making for Mason's birthday party!  Time to head back to bed and try and get some more zzzz's.  Waking up at 4:30 am is for the birds!  Have a wonderful Friday!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment