Thursday, May 26, 2011

What an awesome RAK (Random Act of Kindness)



Look what arrived in my mailbox today.  New toys...yippeeeee!!!  What a pleasant surprise!  Last week I saw on one of the forums that a demonstrator was looking for General Foods International Coffee Tins.  She wanted them with lids on them, about 10 to 12 of them.  I wrote to her right away and told her that I had a big box full of them upstairs, but that I don't usually save the lids as I don't use them, but I would check and see how many I had.  I ended up having 9 with red lids, and 11 of them with clear lids.  I told her that I didn't expect anything for them, that I just wanted to be reimbursed for the postage to ship them to her, but if she wanted to send me something, I would be delighted.  She told me that she would take them all if I didn't mind, and that she would reimburse me for my postage, and that she would send me a little package.  This is what came today, and I am totally thrilled with it, as I didn't have any of these things, and they will be so much fun to play with.  She had told me that the frames were coming and that she thought I would like to put my grandson's picture in the middle of them but I never expected to receive all this!!  How cool is that!  Thank you Carol, and thanks for saving all the tins for me mom!  Love, Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment