Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tags till Christmas Tag Pouch

Hello!  This is the thank you gift that I made for Sandy Renner for hosting her party on Monday night.  I filled the pouch with 36 tags, 4 of each stamp that is in the stamp set Tags till Christmas, and put linen thread so that she will be able to tie them to her gifts.  All the stamps in this set have punches that coordinate with the stamp set.  They are fast and fun to make, and you could also do even more layering options than I did.  To make the pouch, you need a piece of card stock that is 4 3/4" wide by 8 1/2" long.  Score it at 6 1/2".  Take a medium clear envelope and cut it off right above the adhesive.  Adhere to the cardstock, matching up the bottom edge of the envelope with the bottom edge of the card stock.  I used the scalloped edge punch to scallop the flap and 1 3/8" x 4 3/4" Ridinghood Red cardstock.  The designer paper I used is a retired one from last year, and I cut that at 1 1/4" x 4 3/4".  To finish off the decorating, I wrapped some retired soft suede polka dot ribbon from last year around the flap, and tied it in a knot.  Trim off the ends and that part is finished.  To keep it closed, I cut a tab of velcro from a big roll I have, but you could use the circle velcro dots instead. This would make a great gift, for a family member, friend, or co-worker.
Today, I disconnected my Vonage account and activated my new cell phone.  My phone number will remain the same.  I have free incoming calls, after 7 pm and weekends.  If I happen to call you during the day and keep jabbering....remind me to have you call me back as I am sure it is going to take some time for me to remember that I do not have unlimited minutes like I did with Vonage.  I will have 1000 but I am sure they could go fast if I am not careful.  For those of you who know me, you know that I like to talk!  LOL  My mother always says that the worse punishment she could give me when I got into trouble was to make me go to my room and not be able to talk to anyone.  I am definitely a people person!
Beth stopped in today, and Colleen and Beth helped me finish packing up the stall, and they loaded everything into the van, and the stuff to go to Practical Cents, in Beth's truck.  We dropped that off on our way home.  I am so glad to have that all finished and the weather today was beautiful for doing it.  Beth scooted home, and Colleen and I were making supper when Carol stopped in for a quick visit.  We ate, and then decided to work on unloading the van.  We got it done and both of us were wiped out and hit the beds for awhile.  I was hurting pretty bad, but am so glad to have it all done.  I could not have done it with out the two of them, it would have taken me weeks with all the lifting that needed to be done.  A BIG thanks to the both of YOU!  You are the best!  Tomorrow we are going to have a play day and stamp!  Have a great day!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment