Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vintage Valentine

Happy Valentines Day! This is my Valentine to you! I absolutely LOVE old Valentines. Especially the pop out ones. I have my Grandmother's old valentines and I used to display them years ago but right now I don't have a good place to display them so I haven't had them out for Valentines for quite a few years. But they are just precious! I also have a scrapbook of cards that my mother made for me. She saved all the cards that I received from the time I was born til I was 5! It is a really neat book. It is interesting, as with fashion, greeting cards change over time periods and you can tell the circa by certain styles. I found a really cool Vintage Valentines Museum that I will share the link with you in case you would like to look at some old Valentines. http://www.vintagevalentinemuseum.com
That is where this Valentine is from. This one was made in 1939 in the US.
I have been busy celebrating my birthday for days. For those of you who don't know, it is on Valentines Day. My mother said that when she was pregnant with me, she never even thought about the possibility of me being born on that day until she was shopping for Valentines the week before I was born. You see...my grandmother was born on the 16th and she had been thinking that perhaps I would be born on that day. We would celebrate our birthdays together and my grandmother always made me chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Can I blame her for my love of chocolate!?!?! Tee Hee!
So the celebrating started on Thursday night with the Yackette's. Then on Friday, Carol and Susie both stopped over with gifts, hugs, and well wishes. Then Lady Di took me shopping and to dinner at Plover to the Charcoal Grill to celebrate. Saturday, Mom and Melissa both stopped over with more gifts and well wishes, plus I have received cards, and emails. Thank you to all of you! You have made my day very special and I feel so loved by you all! Hugs! Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment