Thursday, June 30, 2011

Look what $15.00 will buy you today at Practical Cents!


Good Afternoon!  I just got home a little while ago from a trip to Practical Cents.  Everything in the store is half off today and I found the bargains!  I got all of this stuff for $15.00 today!  Yee haw!!!

I got a huge old dictionary that I will use for card and flower making.  It is really thick, probably about 3 inches thick.  Eleven  packages of seam binding that I will use instead of ribbon on cards.  It is nice and soft, thin, and easy to work with.  One package of rick rack, one package of jewels, one package to make fabric buttons, a big bag of yellow buttons, 3 spools of thread, a package of paper doilies, all of which I will use paper crafting.  Plus I got 7 skeins of yarn, Mason will probably be getting some little sweaters or something out of that.  I also got him some big foam puzzle pieces that you make into a play mat.  Jen has wanted some of those so she will be pleased and I am sure Mason will like playing with them too.  And the bonus is being that they are foam, he can throw them and not ruin something.  I also got a brand new pair of knit summer jammies.  They are heavy enough to be worn like a robe it looks like to me.  And I love the tin bucket.  I would like to do a room in chocolate and certainly celery and this bucket is perfect.  I already have a chunk of chocolate and celery fabric that I just love!


Carol treated me to lunch at the bowling alley today, and we had a real nice visit.  She left to go to the dentist after we got back.  It seems like everyone has been to the dentist this week.  Susie, and my mom, and I have seen all of them either before or after their dentist appointments.

I am headed to the stamping room now.  I think I will play with my new Papertrey set that I got from a gal today called In Bloom.  Every time I see a card made with this set I swoon.....it has such pretty flowers in it, so I am tickled to have it in my collection now.  Maybe  I will pop back in later with a card!  Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment