Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What a lovely combination!

I just love this color combination, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz.  It reminds me of sherbert!  I am so glad that we have another year of playing with these in colors!!!  The focal point of the card is from the Sale-A-Brations stamp set Punch Bunch, and the verse is from the set Thank You Kindly.  If you look at the labels on the side of the blog, I have made lots of cards with Thank You Kindly.  You can click on it and it will bring up every card that I have used that stamp set on.  It is a GO TO set for me, I am using it all the time.  I think it's a great set for anyone's stamp collection.  The designer paper is from the Designer Series Paper Pack - In Color, Level one hostess gift.  This will be one of many choices Becky will have for a hostess gift on Monday.  I ran the Whisper White panel through the Big Shot with the Textured Impressions Embossing Folder that is on page 28 of the Occasion's Mini Catalog called Framed Tulips.  It is so pretty, and it is so fun to fill the center in so many different ways.  It really adds a lot to the card.  The final touch on this card is the 5/8" White Organza ribbon which is on page 190 of the Big Catalog.  I have to say.....that I love a lot of our ribbon, but this ribbon is my all time favorite.  It turns a card from cute...to elegant...the minute you put it on a card.  And..it is so soft and flexible to work with.  LOVE IT!!!

I had company this afternoon.  Dana and her mom Betsy were over this afternoon for a nice long visit.  Dana returned some cards she had borrowed from me, and I got to see what her daughter is going to use for wedding invitations.  Plus she brought the stuff that they made at the stamping retreat I missed while I was taking care of Sarah.  The gal organizing it immediately found some one to take my spot after I called her and told her what had happened, so I got my money refunded which was nice.  Diane had to miss it also due to her emergency gall bladder surgery, so Dana went with Susie and they both had a great time!

I talked with Jenna twice today, Diane, and Sarah, so it was a busy phone day.  Jenna found out today that she was the best candidate for the hospital interpreting job she applied for and has to take a test next week, and if she gets over 80 % on it, she will get the job.  So she was concerned about how she was going to get her studying done with Mason, so I suggested that she come up for a couple of days and bring Mason here.  She could go upstairs or to the library to study and if we need her, I can just call.  My leg isn't good enough to be walking the floor with a baby, but I can sit and play with him and keep him entertained.  So we will see what happens there.

Maureen stopped and picked up a couple of things from the grocery store for me after she got off work  which was really nice.  I had attempted the grocery store on Saturday, and it has taken me three days to recover from that, so unfortunately, I am grounded to the house.  A trip to the mail box and back is a slow process and a work out at this point of the healing.

Stampin" UP!  came out with some new digital stamps today, and I bought a couple sets.  It is so nice to be able to size things to whatever size you want them to be.  And they are cheap, plus you can order, and have them downloaded all in about five minutes.  It satisfies my urge to play with new toys some days, especially as I can't be doing my usual thrift shop jaunts!  Hee Hee.  So I printed some of them out and was coloring while talking on the phone.  I had to laugh.  When I was at Sarah and Zach's, I was sitting at the table one night coloring, and someone called and I had my headset on and was coloring, and Zach made a comment a few days later that when I was trying to "multi task" it wasn't working to well, that I wasn't getting much coloring done!  I thought that was pretty funny...as he was suppose to be studying and not watching me color!  But he was always very interested in what I was coloring, and he liked looking through the digital images I had printed out.  Probably the artist in him.  He is good at drawing I have heard, but I have not seen his work.


I finished the other 8 chair cards tonight, but I will wait to torture you with them another day!!!  Have a good one!  Me

No comments:

Post a Comment