Monday, April 4, 2011

I chair-ish my blog readers....



Here is a close up of the Stampin' UP! Bitty Button that I used to make the pillow look like it was "tuffed"


Catchy title for today's post don't you think!?!?  Hee Hee.  I have to find something to amuse myself with.  I just finished these four cards and have 12 more started.  The chair is a digital image that I purchased on line.  I printed it out on designer paper, then cut it out.  I also printed an extra one on copy paper so that I could chop the pillow out of it and use it as a pattern.  Then I traced around my pillow pattern, and cut them out and glued them down on top of the pillow.  This is called paper piecing.  I then decided to use one of  Stampin' UP! Bitty Buttons in the middle of each pillow to look like the pillow is "tufted" with a button.  It was just the finishing touch that it needed.  Oh so cute!!!!  I threaded the bitty buttons with some green crochet cotton I had in my bin.  Some of my thrift store collecting.  With the small amounts that it takes to thread a button, I am probably going to have to live a couple thousand years to use it up!
I decided on a striped pattern for the "floor" of the house.  I typed up my own verses on the computer and printed them out.  I would say this style card is out of my normal style, but I like it a lot.  It is clean and simple.  Sometimes I like to do things that are a little bit out of the box for me.  My mom tells me that I don't always need all the bells and whistles on a card, that simple is cute too.  When I had my store, people would tell me that I had a certain style to my work.  That if they saw it some where, they could pick it out.  I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is what it is.
I would love to hear what you think of these cards.  Are they cute....!?!?!  Too simple....!?!?!  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!  Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment