Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stamping Room Pictures #1







Hello! It's another rainy day in Mayberry....boo hoo. I know we need the rain but I do like my sunshine. But I was out bumming today so it didn't bother me too much! I was in the Stevens Point area today and had a great day.
Here are some more pictures from my stamping room. The first picture is of my cobalt blue, and blue and white collection. It looks so pretty in the daytime with the sun shining through it. The next picture is my front door that faces the street and opens up to an open front porch. I love the glass in it. I have had people offer to buy my door but I will not sell it. It gives a lot of character to my old house. Hanging on the door knob is my contraband ribbon (non Stampin' Up). I pick this up at thrift shops and rummage sales and use a lot of it on the tags and little notebooks that I make. I make loops and run safety pins through the loops and clip it to a DMC thread ring. You would not believe how many spools of ribbon I have emptied!!! This takes up way less space. I usually have it hooked on my stamping desk. Then when I need a piece of ribbon, I can just reach over and snip a piece off of it. Next we have bins that guys normally put nails, screws, nuts and bolts in. I have these bins all labeled and they are full of punch out's that I punch from my scraps. Chances are I am punching away when I am talking to you on the phone! Sometimes I pack some up for door prizes. It is very time consuming but it is so handy to have all done when you are working on projects. I can just open a drawer and have a flower that perfectly matches my project with out punching up a good sheet of paper for one item. I get teased about saving all my scraps but when people see this system they are in awe of it! Lady Di got these for me for my birthday. I picked up one more today at Menard's as I have room to put one more below these two. It is a perfect spot for them as they hide behind the front door when the door is open and this would normally be a dead spot that you couldn't use. I hope you are enjoying the tour of my stamping room. Stop back...there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment