Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Candy Bars



Yesterday I was talking to my niece Brooke on the telephone and all of a sudden, out of the blue she said "Aunt Elaine, are you working on St. Patrick's Day cards for me, Ben, and Bob?" Of course...being the World's Greatest Aunt....I had to say "Yes!". Now mind you...I don't send the kids a lot of cards but Brooke knows that I am stamping all the time and I usually make them some sort of stamped treat for the holidays or for when I see them. I always have some sort of little goody for them. I haven't seen them since January so I guess she is missing that! Little con...LOL Anyways, Aunt Elaine couldn't let her down. But the problem is...that I don't have St. Patrick's Day stamps! But I did have one that I found of a shamrock that says Go Green that I had bought from a dollar stamp bin. So I ran up town to drop off a bank deposit, stopped at Pamida and found Hershey's chocolate bars on sale. I went through my paper and found some nice green prints and decorated these candy bars. I ended up doing a dozen so that I can take them for the kids and adults when I go back to Milwaukee on Saturday. So....I packaged up Brooke, Ben, and Bob's and sent it off in the mail today. Hopefully they will get there by tomorrow so Brooke will have her little St. Patrick's Day treat. I thought I would shoot a picture of them so you could see them. The paper is cut at 6" x 7 1/2" for the wrapper and the ends are crimped with the crimper.

No comments:

Post a Comment