Thursday, December 11, 2008

Road Trip To Gina K's


On Saturday, Diane, Melissa, and I made a road trip to Gina K's to meet a bunch of stamping girls. Some we had never met, some we had seen before. We arrived at the store about 9:45 and had lots of fun picking out goodies to buy, watching demonstrations on the Scor Pal, Nestabilities cutting and embossing and making new friends. At 11:30 we all went to lunch at the Beach House which over looks the water and has the most beautiful view. We decided that this most definitely is a guy hang out the minute we walked in because it was full of men at the bar and all most all of them turned around when our group of 16 women walked in! Much to my delight and surprise, my cousin David and his wife Linda were sitting at the bar. He was as surprised to see me as I was him and we exchanged hugs and then were off to our table. We got as much jabbering in as we could before we quickly gobbled down our food to head back to Gina K's for our copic marker's class that we took. I fell in love with the copics and learned so much! It was weird to be on the learning end instead of teaching but I just loved it. Of course I had to take some markers home with me along with other things! And as soon as I got home I did some coloring! It was just as exciting as when you were a kid and got a new box of crayons!
Something did not sit right with me though and I ended up running to bathroom 4 times before we left Gina K's and I was afraid that I would not be able to make the long trip home. At one of our new friends suggestions, we stopped at Walgreens and I picked up a box of Imodeum. They only had value packs so it cost me $18.00!!!! I was tempted to try and make it without it...but didn't want to take the risk. So now I only have 70 pills to go to finish the box! Some of them will definitely be going in my purse! Here is a group picture of our gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment