Sunday, September 14, 2008

Quilt Expo in Madison



Hello! On Thursday, Sandy Renner, Diane Dilworth, and I went to Quilt Expo in Madison. This is the third year in a row that I have went to it and for a quilter...it is an event not to be missed! It is hosted by Nancy's Notion's from Beaver Dam and is held at the Alliant Center. We arrived about 8:30am and waited in line until it opened at 9. We made a plan to meet again at 11:30 for lunch. We shopped some together but then went our separate ways. Around 11 I was very thirsty and tired and needed to sit so I headed for the food stand. I had just got in line when Sandy appeared behind me. She was starving and had come for food! So we decided to get our sandwiches and watched a quilt trunk show while we were eating and were showing each other what we had "bought"! By now it was 11:30 so we started hunting the back area for Diane. We found her at the other end where another trunk show was going on. So she went and got some food and we sat and watched this gal. She was into making purses etc from other objects. Such as purses out of potholders etc. When this show was done, we were recharged and ready to shop again. We decided to meet at 2 and see if we needed to stay longer at that time. Diane and I both had about the same area left to do so we started wondering around...buying more stuff of course! I can only tell you that it is quilter's heaven there. There is fabric and quilts galore...ton's of patterns and books for sale (that is my downfall...tee hee!, every gadget and tool imaginable, vendor's demonstrating new techniques etc. I just love it! I just took two pictures there. I was too busy to even think about taking more. But I took a couple of pictures of a couple of items that I bought pattern's for. Sometimes the original pattern maker has a picture on the pattern that is lousy, or made up in bad colors. Well this was the case with the pumpkin/sunflower pattern. If I showed you the pattern, you would never know it was even the SAME pattern! If you tell the vendor that you are going to purchase the pattern, and then ask if you can take a picture of there sample... they are very good about letting you shoot a picture of it. The pattern of the snowman is made up real cute in the book with a blue background but I decided to shoot a picture of this one with the darker background as it looks more folk artish and that is the kind of look Rae likes at Artisan on the Square in Brodhead. It is a folk art gallery and sometimes I send stuff down there to sell. Now to find time to sew! This week should be better I hope! Make it a great day! Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment