Monday, September 22, 2008

Cinnamon, Walnut, Oatmeal Mix

Good Morning! I am catching up on my email right now and one of the newsletters that I subscribe to is the Dollar Stretcher. I was reading a thread on making food gifts for Christmas. I am not a hot cereal fan but even this sounded good to me, lol and I thought that I would share this recipe with you this morning.

Cinnamon, Walnut Oatmeal Mix

1 - 7 oz package dried apples
1 - 18 oz. container quick-cooking oats
1 - 3 oz. jar non-dairy creamer
1/2 cup brown sugar; firmly-packed
1/2 cup walnuts; chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Place dried apples in a processor; process until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and process until well blended. Store in airtight container. Give with serving instructions. .

Attach this to the jar:

Apple, Cinnamon, Walnut Oatmeal Mix

Stir 2/3 cup boiling water into 1/2 cup oatmeal mix until well
blended. Let stand until thickened.

Come on stampers.....send me some pictures of your finished jars and I will post them on here!!! Not a stamper!?!?!...come see me and I will give you some ideas's on how to decorate them! Make it a great day! Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment