Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stitching on Scrapbooking Paper



These are some photo's of scrapbooking paper that I stitched on while we were in Michigan. Diane and I had great fun doing this. I also taught Mike's daughter Sarah how to do this and she loved it. She is suppose to send me some pictures when she gets her pages done. I will add photo's to my pages at a later time. The flowers are on two separate pages but I have the sheets over lapping so that they would be easier to photograph. This is a paper piercing technique. Then you stitch them with a back stitch using embroidery floss. I used special stencils that I picked up at Pages In Time scrap booking store in Michigan. It was an AWESOME store! Diane and I just loved it. But you don't need to have special stencils to do this technique. All you need to do is to stamp an image or print a word or image off the computer on to some typing paper and then poke holes about every quarter inch with your paper piercer and use the mat pack underneath your card stock. Remove the typing paper after poking and stitch. You may need to look at your original print to see where to stitch. It sometimes can be confusing to figure out where you need to stitch because once you take the paper off you don't know the direction of the design. Start with a simple shape to begin with before advancing to writing. Try this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment