Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The end of an extremely long weekend

 My weekend started on Friday with a few garage sales and a trip to Ron's for a cook out.  Saturday was a busy day at the flea market, then supper at Mom and Dad's with Sarah and Zach.  After supper my dad had an accident in the garage and we spent the rest of the night in the ER.  His cat scan and x-ray turned out fine.  But he slit his knee all the way across it and will be laid up with that for awhile, 8 stitches inside, and 14 on the outside.  Sarah is staying with Mom as it takes two to get him in and out of the chair, and Sarah said I am not strong enough to do it, he is too heavy.  So Zach and I ran the flea market on Sunday which was busier yet.  I was dropped dead tired after that.  We had made plans earlier in the week to go out to the Camps for a cook out.  My sister and her family came Sunday after noon and Bob helped Zach clean up the flea market grounds, while Lenore and Mike were helping Mom at the house.  They stayed and helped Mom so Sarah, Zach, and I could go out to Camps.  I brought Brooke along with me.  We had a nice time visiting with them, and I chilled in the lawn chair with a couple of much needed drinks!!!  Zach went home as he worked today, Sarah stayed and helped Mom with Dad, and I ran the flea market today.  Jim and I got mom's booth restocked for her, Mom came down to do the collecting then returned home.  I was glad to close the doors for the weekend tonight.  The holiday weekends are great but exhausting.  Zach came tonight, and we all had a pizza party in the office by Dad (sitting in the recliner).  They sure have good pizza available at Subway now.  I left after supper, got the trash to the road, then hit the bed with the lap top.  I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and took an 1 1/2 hour nap.  I decided that you dear readers needed some eye candy, so I made a couple of cards.  I am getting sleepy so I will be headin' to bed!  I hope your 4th was wonderful!  Love, Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment