Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dresser Card

This is one of the cards that I taught on Monday night.  It is a dresser card.  The knobs are brads, and the linen hanging out of the drawer is our new Victoria Lace Ribbon.  The old olive card stock was ran through the Big Shot with a the square lattice embossing folder, and the sunflower in the pot is from the stamp set A Flower for All Season.  When Sale-A-Bration starts on Jan. 25th, this will be one of the free stamp sets you can choose with a $50.00 order.  The scallop trim border punch was used on the right side of the card, and the curly label punch was stuck half way in on the left side, then punched.  The drawers are sponged with Soft Suede ink, and popped up on dimensionals.  Such a fun card to make and display.  The gals loved it!

In the morning was over for a visit, and we went upstairs and looked in my closet.  She found some old clothes of mine that she is going to make over.  One thing she took was my wedding dress and you will have to go over to her blog and see what she did to it.  She was all full of giggles tonight when she called me and she absolutely loves it.  Ha ha.  Who would have thought that would ever see the light of day again!  :-D

I worked on Karen's thank you gift for her party next month and I am very happy with how that turned out.  I also started on a couple of cards before I left for the library.

Di and I went to the Rapids this afternoon shopping as she needed some more fabric for the quilt she is going to work on at the quilt retreat that she will be going to soon.  We had supper at Applebee's and then we headed home.  The roads sure are yucky.

See ya later alligator!

No comments:

Post a Comment